August 19, 2011

I am...

Apparently, it is quite difficult to force oneself inside on beautiful, warm, sunny days.  My computer lies untouched and neglected while I sit outside or visit with friends.  I know what some of your are thinking, "but, don't you have a laptop?"  Yes, yes I do.  However, have you ever tried to type on a laptop in the sun for an extended period of time?  My eyes do not appreciate exerting that much effort for something that should come naturally to them.  That being said, I do have an entire notebook full of  'great' poetry and prose that can be shared in the near future.  (If I can actually force myself inside long enough to type it up.)

In the interim, here is one for today:

I am...
...woman both gentle and bold
...a heart emitting love even through emptiness
...a hand held out when a step is too high to climb
...a smile sharing sunshine when the wind is cold
...the power of seeing the world through clear eyes
...made into the image of God
...Eve who comforted Adam
...Mary who refused to deny Jesus
...Sacajawea who guided explorers
...Clara who healed the fallen
...Harriet who laid the path to freedom
...Elinor who guided a country through despair
We are woman, both gentle and bold

No comments: