April 1, 2011

Faery Tale by Signe Pike

"A Woman's Search For Enchantment in a Modern World"

I just finished reading this book, and I just couldn't put it down.  I laughed (out loud), I cried, and I utterly annoyed my husband by quoting it aloud.

Ms. Pike weaves an enchanting narrative in her personal journey to find the magic alive in our world.  The book is full of beautiful descriptions of places that most of us can only read about in storybooks.  You truly can see the dark forests, steep cliffs, and peaceful gardens she visits, and feel the soft rains and violent winds she describes.  The story itself centers around both her travels through Britain, Ireland, and Wales in search of Faeries, and her own personal struggle to move past her father's recent death.  The story is touching, uplifting, and healing for both writer and reader.

I won't say that I definitively believe in faeries after reading this book, but I can say that Ms. Pike has reminded me that within all the daily chaos there exists magic, mystery, and beauty.

I highly recommend this book!!!  If you'd like more details, please visit the author's website:
http://signepike.com/home/

No comments: